Teachers in Surrey Schools utilize digital portfolios to:
- Document learning, defined at “growth over time”;
- Provide descriptive feedback;
- Shift the ownership of learning to shared ownership between students, teachers, and parents;
- Provide parents with a “window” into their child’s learning and schooling experience.
Rather than focus on quantity, the emphasis is placed on quality documentation – documentation that reflects these important aspects:
- Authentic evidence;
- Quality Assessment;
- Reflective of B.C. Curriculum Learning Standards;
- Inclusive of Student, Teacher, and Parent Voice.
Thank you to the many Surrey Schools educators who have contributed to this resource!